- The Main objective of Designing & Manufacturing of the Quad Bike is to increase the Advancement in the Automobile Field.
- To design a quad that can handle a wider variety of terrain than most other vehicles.
- To design and develop a vehicle that meets all the safety needs according to the norms set by the SFI.
As the name says it all; is a true symbolic word for combining Mother & GOD
Prof. S. B. Dhokate (Coordinator / Guide, QBDC)
- Fraternity of Mechanical and Automotive Engineers
- Student Federation of India
About FMAE & SFI:-
Fraternity of Mechanical and Automotive Engineers.
The organizing team of FMAE comprises of individuals with 7-8 years experience in organizing design challenges throughout the nation.
The SFI Foundation, Inc. (SFI) is a non-profit organization established to issue and administer standards for the quality assurance of specialty performance and racing equipment.
Design of Quad:
The following design methodology was used during design:
- Market survey
- Design calculation and iteration
- Modelling and analysis
- Preparation of mock chassis
- Final manufacturing
4130 Chrome Moly Steel is the best suitable material, it we selected over 1018 Steel because 4130 Steel has a greater strength to weight ratio. Along with material selection, tube diameter was also taken into consideration.
Following is the comparison table used for material selection:
Some more highlight on AISI 4130 material:
- The material AISI-4130 (Annealed at 840° C) used in the frame design because of its good weldability, relatively soft and strength as well as good manufacturability.
- AISI 4130 has been chosen for the chassis because it has structural properties that provide a low weight to strength ratio. Presence of chromium makes it a corrosion resistive material. 1 inch diameter tube with a thicker wall is used. It is assured by analysis in ANSYS simulation software.
- Different cases of impacts were considered for the analysis of the chassis: